A true friend doesn’t come and go…
They listen, and
They are there for you during
ups and downs!
Talking and listening to each other, showing sympathy and understanding when needed, and doing and saying nice things are all important to friendships. You should expect certain things from your friends. And, your friends will expect certain things from you. These are 10 things to know about friendships:
1. Listen to your friends. Talk and listen to each other.
2. Trust your friends - and be trusted by your friends.
3. Show your friends sympathy and understanding when they need it.
4. Support your friends. If a friend comes to you with a problem, show you care.
5. Do nice things for your friend without being asked.
6. Stand up for your friends when they aren’t around. Don’t gossip about them or say mean things.
7. Whenever you can, say something nice! Everyone likes to be appreciated.
8. If something doesn’t feel right, talk about it. Try to work things out.
9. If you have ongoing feelings of sadness, anger, or fear when you hang out with someone, it may be a sign of an unhealthy friendship.
10. Make sure you know what to do – where to go and who to talk to – when you have these feelings.
What else do you think is important to know about friendship?