Always wear comfortable shoes. Wearing shoes that fit is a must for a happy you – and happy feet.
✔ ALWAYS go for comfort -
- Do not get shoes that are too tight. Make sure there is plenty of room for toes to move.
- Pointy shoes that squeeze toes will cause calluses and pain.
- Do not get high heels as they are not safe. High heels can make you fall. They can cause serious foot problems.
- Choose comfort over the latest style!
✔ Shop smart for shoes -
- Have feet measured before you try on shoes.
- Wear the socks you will wear with the shoes.
- Shop at the end of the day for a better fit. Feet swell as the day goes on.
- If shoes hurt when you first try them on, don’t buy them!
✔ Buy shoes that are made of comfortable, supportive materials -
- Soft leather is a good material.
- Breathable tennis (athletic) shoes are good too.
- Thick-soled shoes can help cushion feet when walking on a hard surface.
- Do not buy plastic shoes. They may cause blisters and other problems.
✔ Protect your feet -
- Do not wear flip flops on a regular basis. They do not provide protection or support and can cause injury.
- Flip flops or sandals make you curl your toes to keep them on. Over time, this can cause serious foot pain.
- Don’t go barefoot, especially if you have diabetes.