GUIDELINES FOR SAFETYNET LEARNING TOOLS
Topic: Preventive Health
- Practicing Preventive Health Newsletter
- Preventive Health Screenings You Need
- What You Should Know About Preventive Health Care
- How to be Prepared for Your Annual Checkup
- Screening for Breast Cancer – Get a Mammogram
- Your List of Questions to Ask the Doctor
- My Medicine List
- Videos on Preventive Health
SafetyNet Learning Tools are designed to assist in providing information on a specific topic and to be used in a variety of learning environments. These Learning Tools can be used during one-on-one conversations with an individual, or with small and larger groups.
Before beginning a learning session, the presenter should review all SafetyNet Learning Tools on the topic. The trainer can find additional material within the links provided on the SafetyNet Article and Newsletter.
BEFORE THE TRAINING
The presenter should:
- Arrange adequate time and comfortable space for the training and discussion.
- Arrange for any equipment needed, such as a laptop and projector.
- Set up necessary equipment.
- Print or photocopy enough materials for each individual to have their own copy.
- Shows slide show.
- Leads discussion of content and encourages open communication.
- Reviews and discusses information on each of the handouts.
- Asks questions to check for understanding.
- Follows up with additional review and discussion as needed.
- Provide training in multiple sessions to assure adequate coverage and understanding of the topic.