Stay Healthy – Stress Less!
Tip Sheet #2 - Things to Do to Feel Less Stress
Things To Do To Feel Better
Think about what is causing your stress. Then think about what might work best to help you have less stress.
- Change what is causing your stress. If you are having a money problem, get some help with a budget. If you are being bullied, talk to someone about what you can do to stay safe.
- Change what you do when you feel stressed. Take a break. Count to ten. Take a deep breath. Get away for awhile. Do something else.
Think good thoughts. Don’t always think of the worst thing that can happen. Don’t think “I can’t.” Think “I can! I can do it!” Don’t be too hard on yourself. Think about happy times and things that make you feel good.
- Do fun things. Take time every day to do something you enjoy. Make a list of fun things and do them. Here are some ideas.
✓ Take a walk.
✓ Ride a bike.
✓ Play games.
✓ Have a hot drink.
✓ Pet your cat or dog.
✓ Paint a picture.
✓ Listen to music.
✓ Take a long bath.
✓ Go to the park.
- Laugh out loud. Laughter is good medicine. Laughing feels good. When feeling stress, think of something funny. Laugh a lot.
Find ways to relax. Yoga, deep breathing, or meditation can stop bad thoughts. Just ten minutes a day will help you feel better. Take a class to learn yoga or meditation. Go with a friend.
- Most important, talk to a friend. Talk to someone you trust about things that are bothering you. You’ll feel better! If you don’t have anyone, get help finding someone. We all need friends to share our ups and downs with.