SafetyNet training materials include:
- Tips/Fact Sheets,
- Tools, and
- Slide Shows (videos).
Resource links are provided for trainers to obtain additional information.
SafetyNet Learning Tools are designed to assist in providing information on a specific topic and to be used in a variety of learning environments. These Learning Tools can be used during a one-on-one conversation with an individual, with small groups, or with large groups. It is recommended that training be provided in multiple sessions to assure adequate coverage and understanding of the topic.
Before beginning a learning session, the presenter should review all SafetyNet Learning Tools on the topic. The trainer can find additional material within the links provided on SafetyNet Article and Newsletter.
BEFORE THE TRAINING
The presenter should:
- Arrange an adequate time and comfortable space for the training and discussion.
- Arrange for any equipment needed, such as a laptop and projector.
- Set up necessary equipment.
- Print or photocopy enough materials for each individual to have their own copy.
- Provide other needed supplies
- Shows a slide show
- Leads discussion on the content and encourages open communication.
- Reviews and discusses information on each of the handouts.
- Asks questions to check for understanding.
- Follows up with additional review and discussion as needed.